A strategic leadership role responsible for developing and maintaining financial forecasting and budgeting models, analyzing financial performance, and providing insights to management. The role also includes leading the annual budgeting process and providing financial guidance to department managers, ensuring compliance with accounting and financial regulations, and leading and developing a team of financial analysts.
- Perform analysis of general ledger account activity, including creation of reconciliation schedules.
- Assist in month-end closing processes, including preparation of journal entries and review of control files.
- Review and approve payment batches.
- Report and analyze key performance measurements and daily/weekly sales for various financial metrics.
- Assist in preparation of the Annual Plan and periodic financial forecasts.
- Review inventory reports with a focus on cost valuation analysis.
- Support other functional areas of accounts payable and accounts receivable as needed.
- Work with project accounting and fixed asset software.
- Support the Controller in implementing and maintaining internal controls at the plant for operations, sales, and finance.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, with familiarity in Access preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present views clearly and concisely.
- Creative, self-motivated, and highly driven, with a strong bias for action and a dedication to delivering outstanding results.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 3-5 years of combined experience in general accounting.
- Experience with SOX preferred.
- Manufacturing experience required.