Bindery Operator – Folder is responsible for the proper set-up and operation of MBO, Stahl, or similar folders in accordance with established operating procedures for commercial print jobs. The individual will operate the equipment making the necessary adjustments and customization of the mechanics on the folder to meet customer’s requirements.
- Reviews job tickets for specifications, quantity, label information, folding orientation, skid size, skid height, ship date and any special instructions.
- Makeready and operate folding equipment.
- Runs equipment at the required speeds while maintaining quality, waste and safety standards.
- Troubleshoots and solves operating problems with fugitive glue attachments.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance including cleaning, lubrication belt/bearing
- changes, adjustments, replacing of small parts and repairs to equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of all equipment and work area.
- Inspect equipment for safety issues.
- Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple workstations on a single machine.
- Monitor quality, output and productivity.
- Knowledge of all production processes related to bindery activities, equipment, materials, and products.
- Ability to read a ruler and apply basic math skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- 3-5 years experience of operating MBO, Stahl, or similar folders preferred.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently operate bindery equipment