The Cutting Pressman is responsible for operating various die cutting machines to meet production and quality standards. They will work closely with the gluing department to ensure the timely and efficient completion of projects. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience working with die cutting equipment such as Bobst, Iijima, Sugano, Iberica and/or Youngshin.
- Setting up and operating die cutting equipment to meet production and quality standards
- Reading orders and locating proper stock
- Entering order information into the shop floor reporting system
- Making spot sheets and cut scores or mounting counters to cutting plates
- Performing in-process inspections to ensure quality of scores, cuts, folds, etc.
- Pulling loads from delivery and staging them in the proper area
- Setting up blanking tools (Blanker Equipment)
- Maintaining the work area and equipment in a clean and organized manner
- Following all safety rules, work instructions, policies and procedures
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Set up and run die cutters
- Experience with troubleshooting/problem solving
- Blanking experience a plus
- Minimum 3 years of die cutting experience is required