The Estimator will be responsible for creating estimates of the cost to manufacture packaging and paper business, create quotations to provide to sales by using CAD/CAM, computer software, manufacturing standards as well as manufacturing and utilize business knowledge.
- Create estimates and quotations by request.
- Ensure timely, complete and accurate estimates by managing his/her own backlog and priorities.
- Work to ensure consistently estimated cost or repeat business by following standards and actual history where possible and to ensure accurate cost for new business.
- Employs creative analysis for cost reduction and most cost efficient way to produce a potential order or line of business.
- Conduct and create summary results of in depth analysis for cost/profitability studies.
- Review incoming RFQ’s for compatibility for the plant that it has been targeted for.
- Collect, consolidate, summarize and review historical actual production performance data from manufacturing and recommend standards to use in estimates for the same or similar items/manufacturing processes.
- Execute special projects as assigned by manager. Special projects may include but are not limited to system enhancements, procedure enhancements, corporate estimating initiatives, material or resource cost review and adjustments, etc.
- Alerts management of large potential orders being estimated as well as potential issues regarding estimating, backlogs, costing and/or pricing.
- Works with procurement and approved vendors to ensure we are using the lowest costs to establish a final estimate.
- Ability to use estimating tools (software, standards, etc) to estimate costs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in printing and/or packaging environment
- Extensive experience with Label Traxx, Dienamic, Cimex and Excel software experience preferred