Provide oversight and leadership for the Finishing department. Ensure the timely production of quality products that meets or exceeds customer expectations. Proactively manage departmental metrics that impact cost (downtime, make-readies, run speed and waste). Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures. Foster a team atmosphere, provide vision, and demonstrate support of the company’s core processes. Ultimately responsible for day-to-day management of assigned department(s) through the management of staff, including achieving production goals, managing performance of direct reports, making sound operational decisions, solving problems, and managing conflict.
- Analyzes work orders and work piece to determine process, materials, machines, and sequence of operation.
- Assures certain stock has arrived and is available and staged in accordance with work flow schedule.
- Confers with scheduling daily to determine work load and production performance expectations.
- Assigns tasks to workers and specifies methods of coordinating workflow to meet production schedules.
- Inspects finished pieces visually and using precision measuring devices.
- Works with Quality Control to monitor output. Takes part in assessing / grading each project for standard deviations and imperfections.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors/managers to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Ensures compliance to all company policies and procedures.
- Actively engages and participates in company training and audits.
- Communicates and relates with all levels of the organization.
- Investigates malfunction of machines and equipment; determines need for repair and maintenance.
- Ensures employees are following safety regulations.
- Keeps abreast of new products and developments within the department.
- Ensures staffing is appropriate to meet workload requirements and productivity standards. Recommends or executes personnel actions such as hiring, evaluations, and promotions.
- Manages performance by setting goals and consistently holding employees accountable for meeting performance standards through coaching, counseling and timely review process.
- Confer with management to resolve employee problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Strong technical knowledge of Bobst, International and Jagenberg equipment.
- Must have the ability to foster team work and motivate individual performers.
- Must have knowledge of, or be able to learn quickly, safety rules and procedures, operating and technical policies and procedures.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
- Must have the ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or scheduled form.
- Problem solve and deal with variables in an environment where only limited standardization exists.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in fast-paced 24/7 high volume manufacturing environment
- Minimum 5 years in a management or supervisory role
- Experience using ADP and ezLabor timekeeping
- High school diploma or equivalent required