Finishing Manager exercises judgment where appropriate in managing and ensuring the efficient operation of the Finishing Department. Responsible for quality, equipment condition, safety, the efficient operation of the equipment and production scheduling and planning of product to be produced in the Finishing Department.
- Improve operational effectiveness in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and culture
- Responsible for managing shift leads and department employees including planning, assigning, directing, training, evaluating, rewarding and corrective action as necessary
- Oversees the daily operation of department
- Ensures that production efficiencies and overall productivity meets or exceeds established standards.
- Responsible for solving production problems.
- Maintenance and safety of equipment
- Assures the department maintains quality standards
- Works to maintain a safe work environment and achieve departmental safety goals.
- Strong technical knowledge of Bobst Expertfold, Alpina and Domino equipment.
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Possess effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Identify with and support company leadership and decisions.
- Facilitate a team environment and maintain morale
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Maintain consistent attendance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ADP
- High school diploma / GED required. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred
- 5 years supervisory/management experience in the folding paperboard carton converting industry
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as lifting up to 50 pounds and handling materials