As a Finishing Operator, you will be responsible for setting up, operating, monitoring, and performing minor repairs on a variety of folding box gluers used to glue high quality lock-bottom and straight-line folding cartons.
- Set-up, operate, and monitor Bobst Media, International Queen, and Jagenberg gluing equipment during running process to assure cartons meet customer specifications. Notify Manager of defect trends and nonconforming gluing quality.
- Able to setup a wide variety of carton styles.
- Perform 3-5 make-readies a day.
- Adhere to and lead by example compliance to ISO 9001, safety, quality standards and company procedures and immediately report nonconformance to management.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with internal and external customers.
- Provide technical support and assistance to team.
- Assist in troubleshooting equipment and material issues.
- Guide team in interpreting existing processes and policies.
- Participate in implementation of changes meant to improve quality, productivity, and financial performance.
- Review and follow documented procedures, job jackets, and specifications accurately.
- Perform preventive maintenance on folders/gluers and glue systems.
- Participate in the team process and consistently attentive to quality throughout manufacturing process
- Report potential safety issues and make immediate corrections as applicable. Complete appropriate reports related to safety incidents.
- Ability and willingness to run multiple machines
- Good make-ready capabilities of the equipment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Responds promptly and professionally to customer needs.
- Performs well in a team environment. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- 3 plus years of gluing operator experience. Needs multiple carton style experience.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Credentials: Valid state issued driver's license preferred.