The Flexographic Printing Press Operator is responsible for operating the narrow web flexographic printing presses to produce packaging products according to customer specifications. This includes performing make-ready, maintaining press efficiency, managing press performance, and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Perform make-ready and operate narrow web flexographic printing press efficiently.
- Install the proper inks in the correct press units and maintains their levels during the press run.
- Maintain high efficiency according to established rates during operation of the assigned press.
- Manage all aspects of press performance including productivity, quality, and maintenance as directed and scheduled.
- Supports, understands, and adheres to LEAN Principles and Rules by identifying, evaluating, and resolving problems.
- Communicate to Flexo Manager immediately of any material shortages, defective material/components, mechanical issues, excess spoilage, or incomplete job information.
- Determine the best manufacturing method to produce product efficiently and effectively.
- Experience in the operation of Nilpeter, Mark Andy, Webtron, or Comco flexo presses.
- Punctual attendance
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team
- Strong hand eye coordination
- Knowledge of machinery
- Proficient in computer use
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Must have 1 - 3 years’ related experience