Flexo Pressman is accountable for operating the flexographic printing press to manufacture packaging products that meet customer specifications. Tasks include preparing the press, maintaining press efficiency, monitoring press performance, and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Perform make-ready and operate flexographic printing press efficiently.
- Install the proper inks in the correct press units and maintains their levels during the press run.
- Maintain high efficiency according to established rates during operation of the assigned press.
- Manage all aspects of press performance including productivity, quality, and maintenance.
- Play an active role in the maintenance and cleanliness of the assigned press and surrounding work area, and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Supports, understands, and adheres to LEAN Principles and Rules by identifying, evaluating, and resolving problems.
- Determine the best manufacturing method to produce product efficiently and effectively.
- Flexibility to work various shifts dependent on manning needs as schedules and/or workload changes
- Mechanical aptitude
- Must have good color perception
- Knowledge of inks and solvent characteristics and effects in different uses
- Experience in the operation of Mark Andy, Nilpeter, Comco or Webtron flexo presses
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years industry experience