The Flexo Press Operator is responsible for operating the wide web flexographic printing presses to produce packaging products according to customer specifications. This includes performing make-ready, maintaining press efficiency, managing press performance, and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Perform make-ready and operate wide web flexographic printing press efficiently.
- Install the proper inks in the correct press units and maintains their levels during the press run.
- Maintain high efficiency according to established rates during operation of the assigned press.
- Manage all aspects of press performance including productivity, quality, and maintenance as directed and scheduled.
- Supports, understands, and adheres to LEAN Principles and Rules by identifying, evaluating, and resolving problems.
- Communicate to Flexo Manager immediately of any material shortages, defective material/components, mechanical issues, excess spoilage, or incomplete job information.
- Determine the best manufacturing method to produce product efficiently and effectively.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Solid understanding of printing color theory
- In-lane plate cutting processes, rotary cutting and the production of paperboard folding cartons
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team
- Must have a minimum of 4-5 years of experience operating wide web flexographic printing presses.
- Solid understanding of printing color theory, high quality process printing experience, color mixing and matching.
- Set up and run of 18” and less narrow web, but not limited to, Nilpeter, Mark Andy, Webtron, or Comco flexo presses.