The Maintenance Manager is responsible for leading, planning, organizing, and directing all activities related to the maintenance and repair of manufacturing and physical plant equipment. This working manager role will oversee a team of maintenance personnel, managing vendor relationships, and ensuring compliance with safety, security, hazardous material handling, and regulatory guidelines. The incumbent must have strong technical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, and the ability to work closely with production supervisors to schedule equipment maintenance.
- Develop, implement and manage the plant maintenance program including machine shop activities and scheduling of preventive maintenance for equipment and facilities.
- Assist in creating and managing the maintenance budget and implementing department procedures that comply with safety, security, hazardous material handling, regulatory guidelines and compliance with EPA, DEP, and OSHA regulations.
- Work with vendors to procure equipment and parts and/or obtain quotes for equipment that may improve production efficiencies.
- Train and supervise maintenance staff to develop a highly effective maintenance team.
- Ensure compliance with all construction building standards, codes, and project specifications, including HVAC and fire protection systems.
- Coordinate assigned projects to achieve schedule objectives and maximum productivity.
- Work closely with production supervisors to schedule equipment maintenance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, AutoCad, and PLC.
- Experience with rotating equipment, pumps, and piping.
- Hands-on experience with die cutters, folder gluers or similar print and packaging equipment.
- Current knowledge of mechanical maintenance technology and the ability to perform root cause failure analysis, predictive, and preventative maintenance.
- Proven experience in working with and managing a diverse, multi-skilled maintenance team.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities with the ability to effectively solicit support and cooperation at all levels within the organization.
- Commitment to safety and adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- 5+ years experience as Maintenance Manager in print or packaging manufacturing.
- 5 years+ hands-on experience troubleshooting skills with automated manufacturing/production equipment.
- BS in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Must have print and/or packaging maintenance experience.