The Offset Manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operation of the department. The manager will work closely with press crews to improve processes and ensure that production goals are met.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of offset employees in the pressroom.
- Interact with Department Managers to coordinate operations and activities between departments.
- Attend pre-production meetings to identify potential problems and ensure customer requirements are met.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Will approve all press checks prior to running print jobs.
- Inspect raw materials, ink room preparation, sheeting specifications, and printing presses to ensure quality assurance.
- Manage quality work output to perform quality checks, approvals, and in-process inspections.
- Interpret specifications, job tickets, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Performs and schedules preventive maintenance, including minor repairs.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations, safety procedures, or other company-directed tasks.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with management team.
- Strong work ethic and mechanical ability.
- Minimum of 5- 10 years of experience operating offset presses in the printing or packaging industry (preferred).
- Minimum five years of management or supervisory in packaging manufacturing.
- Experience on Heidelberg, Komori, KBA or other similar presses.
- High school diploma or equivalent.