The Offset Pressman is responsible for producing high-quality printed materials according to job specifications by setting up and operating offset printing press and auxiliary equipment. The operator will achieve and maintain color consistency as per customer specifications, maintain equipment, train and develop press crews, report results and maintain supplies inventories. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience working Heidelberg XL, MAN Roland, KBA, Komori and/or similar offset presses.
- Read job order and specifications.
- Determine printing materials required to meet order requirements.
- Organize job sequence on press.
- Retrieve print materials (plates, blankets, stock, ink, coatings, etc.).
- Make-ready the press, set plates and cylinders; adjust pressures and tensions, load ink, set controls.
- Achieve and maintain color in accordance with process and quality specifications.
- Inspect printed sheets with the appropriate inspection, measuring, and test equipment to verify quality.
- Execute the daily/shift production plan (schedule).
- Coordinate, train and develop press crew. Assign responsibilities and ensure compliance to safe work practices, housekeeping, GMP, and quality procedures.
- Document daily performance and report production results.
- Troubleshoot press stops and downtime. Conduct periodic maintenance, perform routine maintenance.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Track record of improvement in quality and efficiency
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance and safety procedures
- Experience with process improvement and implementation
- Must be able to set up, run and operate a Heidelberg press
- 3-5 years of experience in a sheet-fed offset/folding carton operation
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred