The Pre Press Technician will be responsible for preparing graphics and files for print while maintaining the integrity of the content, art, design, and brand. This role will also be responsible for plate making for printing presses. The Pre Press Technician will ensure that all pre press operations are performed to the highest standards and in a timely manner to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Pre-flight or review of externally supplied files to ensure they meet print specifications and requirements.
- Layout, design, and reformat graphic files using software such as Adobe Illustrator.
- Perform electronic image assembly for packaging using Esko systems applications, including separating, trapping, screening, and stepping.
- Create and maintain design documents and style guidelines to ensure consistency across all materials.
- Produce printing plate and imposition layout for offset, check them for error, fit, before going to press
- Correct the printing plates before they go out to the press, and the ability to fix, correct plates on press
- Program step and repeat plate making, the Misomex Kodak and the digital screen
- Maintain plate processor on a bi-weekly basis
- Maintain safety standards in the work area and within the department
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Suite, Esko software and Automation Engine software
- Familiarity with packaging structure
- Knowledge of file manipulation and file formats
- Solid understanding of prepress and print specification for Litho and Flexo
- Must have good troubleshooting skills and ability to produce quality work within tight deadlines
- 2+ years experience of graphic design, film stripping and/or plate making in a prepress environment
- Strong familiarity with the principles and practices of digital art, graphic design, layout and illustration
- Print and packaging experience
- Kodak Prinergy experience preferred