The Quality Manager will develop, implement and manage quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of print and packaging applications consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals. Supervises a team of quality control inspectors.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate and correct customer issues and complaints relating to quality,
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Supervise workers engaged in sorting activities to ensure high productivity and accuracy.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to personnel within the plant.
- Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for products throughout the production cycle.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased raw materials.
- Create and direct environmental test functions and applications.
- Maintain an active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Preparing organization and overseeing all types of quality audits.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
- Working knowledge of cGMPs, ISO standards and production processes
- Can navigate through CERM (ERP) and QISS (QMS)
- High attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills
- PC based computer experience, proficiency in Microsoft Office
- B.S. Degree in a manufacturing related technical field, or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory/management related experience required.
- Kaizen, Six Sigma and other Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures.
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills.
- PC-based computing experience (word processing-Word, spreadsheet-Excel, presentation-PowerPoint) essential.