The Thermoformer Operator is responsible for setting up and running thermoforming equipment, ensuring safety, cleanliness, and quality standards are met.
- Understand job tickets.
- Be able to form all materials to include PVC and PET.
- Make ready times to meet stated goals.
- Run speeds to meet stated goals.
- Identify process improvements.
- Work with the Department Manager to ensure on time releases.
- Train less experienced operators to operate the thermoformer efficiently producing acceptable quality products.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on the thermoformer .
- Maintain accurate production paperwork.
- Assist tool room with tooling preparation.
- Perform quality checks, such as part weight, proper form, lid fit, and sheet thickness and record results on proper paperwork.
- Ability to read production schedule
- Meet demands of fast paced production environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Minimum of 1 year of thermoforming experience with Lyle, Brown, Sencorp or similar equipment.
- Able to work in heat related environments
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred