The Web Offset Pressman is responsible for producing high-quality printed materials according to job specifications by setting up and operating web offset printing press and auxiliary equipment. The operator will achieve and maintain color consistency as per customer specifications, maintain equipment, train and develop press crews, report results and maintain supplies inventories. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience working Harris, Baker Perkins, Hantscho and/or similar web offset presses.
- Read job order and specifications.
- Determine printing materials required to meet order requirements.
- Organize job sequence on press.
- Retrieve print materials (plates, blankets, stock, ink, coatings, etc.).
- Make-ready the press, set plates and cylinders; adjust pressures and tensions, load ink, set controls.
- Achieve and maintain color in accordance with process and quality specifications.
- Inspect print with the appropriate inspection, measuring, and test equipment to verify quality.
- Execute the daily/shift production plan (schedule).
- Coordinate, train and develop press crew. Assign responsibilities and ensure compliance to safe work practices, housekeeping, GMP, and quality procedures.
- Document daily performance and report production results.
- Troubleshoot press stops and downtime. Conduct periodic maintenance, perform routine maintenance.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Leadership Skills: Good Judgment, Decisiveness, Take Charge, Coach/Develop
- Communication Skills: English, Written, Oral, Feedback
- Technical Skills: Computer Literacy, Performance Aspects of Position (see Responsibilities)
- Personal Management Skills: Time Management; Follow-through; Project Management
- Analytical Skills: Problem Analysis (troubleshooting)
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance and safety procedures
- Experience with process improvement and implementation
- 5 years of experience in a web offset operation
- 3 years of progressive experience in a manufacturing environment
- Track record of improvement in quality and efficiency
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred